Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Reaching the Valley

In Wyoming we stopped at Little America and had some tasty ice cream cones. This was our last stop before arriving in Salt Lake. On our way out I was telling the kids that this was the way the pioneers went to get to Utah. Abby asked if it took them 3 years...it really is an amazing thing they did coming out west so they could be free to worship what we know is true.
Shea meeting Great Grandma Hart for the first time. We stayed at my grandma's for a couple nights. I've always had the best memories at my grandma's house, it was fun to let my kids have those memories too.
Visiting Temple Square in Salt Lake
The Garner's had a fun party for Abby's 9th birthday. It was lots of fun being able to celebrate with them.
Shea meeting Uncle Danny
I wonder what her wish was.
Shea's birthday is two days after Abby's, so we celebrated her 1st birthday too!


4 comments:

Kari said...

I love going to Grandma's house too. We are so lucky to have such an awesome Grandma in our lives. I wish I could go there right now.

Unknown said...

Grandma is the greatest. The birthday party looked fun.

Unknown said...

I was looking at the first picture again. The ice cream looks good, but did Shea get to have any? Her face looks like she wants some.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

I can't believe Shea is a year old, how time flies.