Sunday, March 29, 2009

#5

Lilly Elise Garner was born on March 27, 2009 6 lbs. 8 oz 19 inches 100% loved









Thursday evening around 10:45 my water broke. Trent and I headed to the hospital after calling a friend to come stay with the girls. We get to the hospital and I am telling everyone I see that I want an epidural. Once they get me all situated, ie get changed, put in the IV, draw blood, etc, the nurse checks to see how far along I am. I am at 1cm. I was at a 1 at my last 2 doctors appointments. They tell me the doctor has to see me before I can get an epidural, again I tell them that I go quickly. Awhile later, I ask the nurse when I am going to get checked again, I am told about an hour, I convince them to check me in 1/2 an hour. At this point I am at a 5. They call the doctor to come to the hospital. Needless to say, I didn't get my epidural, by the time the doctor arrived, I was pushing. The baby was face up which made her the hardest one to get out, I kept pushing and pushing and wondering why she wasn't coming. At 3:20 am Lilly Elise Garner was born. She weighed 6 pounds 8 oz and was 19 inches long. She is super cute and we are so glad she made it safely here.

13 comments:

Brittney N said...

Congratulations! We are at Grandma's and we think she is adorable! We can't wait to meet her!

Unknown said...

Congratulations. I'm sorry the nurses wouldn't listen to you. That must have felt really good getting the baby out. You look great (as usual). Hope you are recovering well and I'm glad there were no complications.

Janna said...

We are so excited for you. Those are cute pictures. Sorry you didn't get an epidural. I hope we can meet here before she is too old.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Congratulations! She is so cute. I love the name Lilly! Lilly is one of my top picks for girls names :) I always think of Lilly Potter, Harry Potters mother.

Sorry about no epidural, I totally understand what thats like :(

Desiree Hansen said...

Wow!! She is so pretty. Can't wait to meet her. Oh, and by the way... Way to go!!

Shelly said...

Congratulations! No epidural and posterior get you extra points (I did it with Emma-ouch!).

She's adorable and I LOVE the name!

Congrats! Congrats!! Congrats!!

Shelly, Jeff, Nicole, Emma, Brooklyn, Bradford

tothe4thfloor said...

Congratulations! I can't believe you have 5! And no epidural! You are my new hero.

Lori said...

That's a dumb doctor rule!! You should've had them call me and I could have vouched for your super fast labors! Congratulations though! You have such a cute family. Love the name, too.

Kari said...

She is beautiful. Welcome to the family Lilly! We can't wait to meet her. She is so cute and way to go Carin!

Lisa R said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful new baby Lilly is! Wow you are all girl power there huh?

Laura said...

You look like such a natural as I'm sure you are at this point, she is beautiful, congratulations!

Kim said...

Congratulations!

senordustin said...

Congratulations on your beautiful daughter. I can't wait to meet Lilly. Love you guys,
Dust