Saturday, October 13, 2007

Lincoln Park Zoo





Last weekend the girls had a four day weekend. I took them to the Lincoln Park Zoo which is in Chicago. I was really proud of myself for being able to get down there and back without any problem. Thanks to my parents for teaching me how to drive in a big city with lots of interchanges. The zoo is located by Lake Michigan and tons of skyscrapers around it. It was really neat. The girls loved all the animals, I think I heard the most about the apes. They thougt it was funny that they could see the gorilla's butt-crack. That's the first thing they told Trent about the zoo...nice. I have to mention that Leah has been working on the number three and was very excited to see that there were 3 zebras.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You must have been up late working on painting and blogging. Remember the apes at the LA Zoo. We went with the Hackworth girls. You all had comments when one of the animals decided to throw poop at us. Sounds like a fun trip. Too bad Dad wasn't in Illinois last weekend. Enjoy. Happy Birthday Carin.

Kari said...

Nothing like a gorilla's butt crack. I love the picture of Abby holding Shea. Hillarious! Happy Birthday.

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Well I have just been reading your familes blogs, and it looks like it is your birthday on the 14th. So HAPPY BE-LATED BIRTHDAY! You look so amazing for 31! I hope you had a nice day. Oh and this is Megan. Have a great week!

Janna said...

My kids love animal butt cracks too. Stone thinks it takes so long to get to the zoo. Every time we go he complains the whole drive.