Sunday, February 24, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

Abby received the Student of the Month Award under the theme friendship. We're so proud of you Abby!
Here is Leah taking a nap on the couch. She was waiting for me to play a game with her, but ended up falling asleep before I got there. Here's my poor parenting confession of the week: She was up last night about 2 am. I put her back to bed, when I went to get Shea up this morning (at 5:45), Leah's bedroom light was on. I checked on her and she was sound asleep in her bed? How long had her light been on and what was she doing in the middle of the night with her light on?
Another poor parenting moment. Notice the nice bruise Shea has on her nose, that would be from pulling out a cake pan and bonking her nose with it. Does it make up for poor parenting if you take a picturs and blog about it?

So this week has been a bit crazy for my family. I started the week off sick. Cough, fever, chills, I went around the house in my hat and gloves. This has now been passed on to Leah and Shea. Hopefully it will pass quickly. We've also experienced car repairs, soccer practices, activity days, friends over, Trent and I went out on a date, scouts and Shea turning 8 months last Friday. Sometimes I wonder what we did all week, but we usually find plenty to keep us going! Have a great week.

8 comments:

Lisa R said...

Shea looks so cute! I can't believe she's 8 months already! Wow!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry you and your family have been sick. It's always the worst when the mom gets sick. Shea looks cute even with her bruise. Your week sounds busy, just like the rest of my kids. Aren't you glad to be busy? Kids are wonderful. Did Leah ever tell you what she was doing?

Unknown said...

Abby, we are proud of you too. It is really great to show friendship enough that the teacher notices.

Sarah Burgoyne said...

Bruises are definitely ok as long as they are properly documented and blogged :)

Kari said...

We have some people in our house that would love to hang out with Leah at 2am. Maybe at the beach house they can sneak out in the middle of the night together and go to Sharkey's!

Shelly said...

At least the cake pan wasn't coming out of the oven.

I've opened the fridge into Emma's head a few times-she's just right behind me!

Shelly said...

At least the cake pan wasn't coming out of the oven.

I've opened the fridge into Emma's head a few times-she's just right behind me!

Mr & Mrs Hilton said...

Hope everyone gets feeling better! Congrats to Abby for winning "Student of the Month" That is awesome.