Monday, August 20, 2007

Our Pets





It was a rainy day and the girls were playing in the basement when I heard the cry "Mom come here." I have to admit I was a little nervous when they told me there were frogs in the basement. I am not one who loves to touch animals, let alone something that I think is slimy. I head downstairs with dread but was spared the experience when I realized they were looking at frogs that were in our window well. There were about 5 frogs sitting down there and the girls had a great view of them through the window. I thought it was perfect, I didn't have to touch them and they could still see them. The window well is at least 2 1/2 feet deep so there is no way these frogs can jump out. They get some of the neighbor boys to come fish out the frogs with a net and put them in our little wading pool. I was surprised at how easily Brynn would pick up the frogs, Abby was more hesitant. Leah only liked them from a distance. They have all left our wading pool now so we are back to Leah asking us if we can get a dog. (The answer to that is no.)

2 comments:

senordustin said...

It's great to these pics of the girls! The new house looks really nice. Keep up the blogging, Carin.
-Dust Garner

Kari said...

I'm glad you didn't have to touch the frogs either. You would have been moded.